Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Giving God what he wants...


So, I'm not much of a blogger.  I have a few that I read--the holy grail of blogs, if you will.  You know: Jen Hatmaker, Ann Voskamp, the pros.  But recently God and I have been having such interesting conversations...conversations like--
God:  "Amy, give me that."
           Me:  "God, nope."
 God: "Amy.  Did I make you?  Do I know you better than you know yourself?  Do I know what will bring you joy to the very marrow of your bones?  Do I know how sincerely you want to follow me to the deepest places, but how scared you are to do so?'
Me:  "Yep."
God:  "Then give it to me."
Me:  (Sigh.) "Okay, fine God.  But I want it on these terms."
God laughed at me and hung up after that. Then he started leading me to document this journey, this journey of finally giving him what he wants--all of me.  Well that was a whole other conversation in itself.  I told him how I'm not the right person for this job, how I am so apt to say inappropriate things (at bible study no less), and how I am not interesting, and how people will think I am full of myself if I write a blog about nothing but what I think.  

Nevertheless, here I am writing a blog about who-knows-what?? 
Well, I guess we'll find out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment