Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Missionary boys

Tonight is the last night my babies will sleep in this house.  Tomorrow morning will be the last time they wake up and come down these stairs, dragging their bubbies (favorite blankets) with sleepy faces and crazy hair.  It's been their home, our home, for all of Graham's life and most of Hudson's.  There are so many happy memories here and I have loved this house.  It is not new and not fancy and has had plenty of problems, but I have loved it and I have loved our time here.

This has been a difficult journey already, and I have blasted worship music while I packed the house and cried  and told Jesus that every task I was doing and every movement of my hands was a love sacrifice to him.

But this seems to be the most difficult milestone of the journey thus far, because now it is really getting down to affecting my babies.  And I guess that is the way that it must be for all mamas.  Someone, I can't remember who, said to remember that God not only called Cameron and I, but also Hudson and Graham.  So I am praying, and asking you to pray, that God would show me how to lead them and love them through this transition.  To show them that God has called them to something incredible and exciting and worthy of our effort and sacrifice.  To remember that material things are worthless and people and souls precious.  To live lives worthy of Gospel and of our Jesus.

So, if you see me tomorrow dropping the boys off for their last day of school and I am stumbling around the halls crying like the sentimental, basket-case that I am--don't be alarmed.  Nothing is wrong. I will just be dying to self a little bit in my silly, melodramatic way--just avoid eye contact with me and say a prayer for my sweet baby boys :)  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment